- Major: Adult Gerontology - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Degree: Master of Science in Nursing
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer Application Deadlines
Early: September 1
Priority: November 1
Final: February 1
Fall Application Deadlines
Early: January 15
Priority: March 1
Final: May 1
- Official Transcripts (minimum GPA of 3.0 from the previous undergraduate degree, all transcripts are reviewed regardless of the program)
- 3 Letters of Reference: The professional recommendation form should come from individuals with a master's or higher in a healthcare field who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate program. (Letters of recommendation cannot be used in lieu of our recommendation form.)
- Personal Goal Statement: Use the prompts provided in the application
- Current CV or Resume: In addition to your education and professional experiences, include any certifications, leadership experiences, experiences with diverse or underserved population, paid or volunteer healthcare experiences.
- Verification of Work Hours form - Minimum of one year of full-time equivalent nursing experience (2,400 hours) within the past 24 months. Preferred clinical experience in an acute care setting (ICU, critical care, medical/surgical, or emergency department).Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Residence
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Residence
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Summer Semester
A Note from the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Adult Gerontology - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner MSN program. This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.
The Adult Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program (AGACNP) prepares registered nurses to provide direct patient management in acute and complex care settings. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Adult-Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam administered through the American Nurse Credentialing Center.